Dear Parents and Carers,
We have had 3 wonderful orientation mornings for our Kinder 2020 students and enjoyed time getting to know these happy and excited new St Pat’s kids! Thank you to the teachers for coordinating a fun learning and get-to-know you program. Thank you to our Community Council members for supporting parent engagement, especially the uniform committee for volunteering their morning this week to assist parents in getting children ready for school.
Next week we will host our first Open Meeting of the Community Council. This is an opportunity for you to come along and enter the dialogue on some of the topics that we are discerning in the Community Council. Please consider coming for one hour from 6.30-7.30pm on Wednesday night. We will meet in the library.
Two items for discussion are:
- The current curricula and co-curricula programs at St Patrick’s. eg Music & the Shine Concert, The Empowered Program, Boys Program Year 3-6, Girls Program Year 3-6. We want the parent perspective on what is working and what are the hopes and dreams of the community for these and other programs into the future?
- The Community Engagement Committee: Growing committee membership and committee activities for 2020 and beyond.
Please note: Only agenda items will be discussed at this meeting. No new items of business will be taken. In 2020 the Community Council will have a process for community items to be considered/discerned for the open meeting agendas.
2020 It is great news that we have strong and growing enrolments at St Patrick’s for 2020! Thank you for the information that helps support the creation of strong learning class groups for next year. As a staff team we are now working on the best classing options and teaching team for 2020. We hope to publish the teaching team by the beginning of Week 9 of term.
Blessings for a restful family-oriented weekend.
Venue: St Patrick’s Library
Time: 7:30pm (1 hour session)
Date:MONDAY 2nd DECEMBER
Presenter: George Telford
Come along on the 2nd December to hear about:
- Growth Mindsets – what they really are.
- Fixed Mindsets- and why we don’t want learners to have them.
- Learning Language- and how you can be a big help at home!
- Praise- it can be good………. or not so good!
- The importance of the right kind of feedback - and how important the parent role is in this.
- Challenge- is it better to get the easy stuff right, or struggle with the more interesting and challenging stuff?
- Why your school is involved in this learning and how an already very good school can become even better.
- How a focus on improvement will more naturally lead to
- What high schools notice about growth mindset learners.
George Telford is a former classroom teacher and Principal in Victorian schools for 35 years. He helped implement these changes at his own school with results that you might be interested in! George is now the Senior Consultant and Australian Director for Challenging Learning. Challenging Learning are working with St Patrick’s on 2nd December. This night is designed especially for parents/carers and it would be wonderful to see you there.
Religious Education in 3/4L
Every morning we do a prayer circle. Everyone takes a turn at saying their own prayer. We have a prayer space with items that we use for our prayer circle.
We have been learning about Moses and the Ten Commandments.
Jasmine, Robert & Lincoln
First Reconciliation 2020
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Information Night- Wednesday 2nd February at 6:30pm
Reconciliation Enrolment Mass- 1st March at 9:30am
Family Masses for Reconciliation- 8th & 15th March at 5pm
Sacrament of Reconciliation –27th & 28th March (families will be able to select a preferred time).
Thanksgiving Mass & morning tea – 29th March at 9:30am
Enrolment notes with further information will be sent home next week.
Come and join in the fun at the St Patrick’s Rainbow Run
When: Friday 13th December 2019
Time: Kick off – 3:30pm
Where: Bottom and Top Flat St Patrick’s School
Cost: $20:00 – including Rainbow Run T-Shirt
$15:00 – For the run
Dinner: A BBQ dinner, with drinks, chips and lollies will be available to purchase on the night.
There will be a fire truck on the course to cool down our runners.
This is the last event for the year. We would love to see you all there.
Shirt’s and tickets will be available for purchase on QKR.
This year’s Whole Parish Choir will sing at three Christmas Masses - Children’s Outdoor (Carols from 6:30pm) Vigil 9:30pm Bega and 9:30am Tathra.
Please come and practice as a Parish and Join us to sing at the Christmas Masses (you only are expected to sing at the Christmas Masses you usually attend - but let’s all practice together!)
Tuesday’s St Pats Church Bega 5:30- 7pm - 26th Nov, 3rd Dec, 10th Dec 17th (24th 10am). ALL AGES AND ABILITIES ARE WELCOME- including children.